The Parted Magic OS employs core programs of GParted and Parted to handle partitioning tasks with ease, while featuring other useful software (e.g. Partimage, TestDisk, Truecrypt, Clonezilla, G4L, SuperGrubDisk, ddrescue, etc…) and an excellent set of info to benefit the user. An extensive collection of file system tools are also included, as Parted Magic supports the following: btrfs, ext2, ext3, ext4, fat16, fat32, hfs, hfs+, jfs, linux-swap, ntfs, reiserfs, and xfs. Parted Magic requires at least a i586 processor and 312MB of RAM to operate or 175MB in “Live” mode.
- Format internal and external hard drives.
- Move, copy, create, delete, expand & shrink hard drive partitions.
- Clone your hard drive, to create a full backup.
- Test hard drives for impending failure.
- Test memory for bad sectors.
- Benchmark your computer for a performance rating.
- Securely erase your entire hard drive, wiping it clean from all data.
- Gives access to non-booting systems allowing you to rescue important data.
- Runs from the CD, no install required.
- Partition programs.
- File System Tools.
- Booting Loader Tools.
- X Utilities
- Console Utilities
Parted Magic 2011_12_30 CD, USB, and PXE linux 3.1.6-pmagic
This release updates a few key programs. GParted has been updated to gparted-0.11.0. I pulled the nilfs patch from GIT and applied it to this release. You can find the source here: GParted source. This means you can create and move nilfs with GParted. The kernel is updated to Linux 3.1.6 and Firefox to 9.0.1.Updated programs: firefox-9.0.1, gparted-0.11.0, linux-3.1.6, nilfs-utils-2.0.21, super_grub2_1.99b1, and syslinux-4.05.
Added progeams: cifs-utils-5.2 and keyutils_1.5.2.
Size: 181 MB